Spook-tacular Recommendations Brewed By Our Resident Expert On All Things Macabre
Halloween holds a special place in the Cowe Crew’s heart but none more so than our Director of Marketing, Lindsey Sine. Her love for everything Halloween is legendary! To her, Halloween is an all-year round holiday. Today, she shares with us some of her howl-o-ween favorites– from date night ideas to movies and some excellent haunts.
Read on as she shares her recommendations for the season…if you dare!
‘Til Death: Haunted Date Night
- Tour America’s Most Haunted House: The Whaley House.
- Have a cocktail at the infamous and haunted, Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- Visit Lori Strode’s House in Pasadena… a.k.a Haddonfield, Illinois.
- See a show at the haunted Pantages Theater.
- Watch a spooky movie at Hollywood Forever Cemetery, courtesy of Cinespia.
- Dine at the Hotel Del Coronado.
Eeerie-sistable Movies For Halloween Night
- Halloween (1978)
- Hocus Pocus
- Barbarian (a newbie but a goodie)
- The Conjuring (not for the faint of heart!)
- Alien (for Sci- Fi fans)
- Carlsbad Corn Maze (Scary and Non- Scary)
- Reign of Terror in Thousand Oaks
- Haunted Hotel in Hollywood
- Balboa Park Haunted Trail
- Haunted Hayride at Pierce College
- Knott’s Scary Farm in Buena Park
- San Diego Zoo Hal-glow-een
Ghoulish Scares & Spooky Sounds
Eats You Can Sink Your Teeth Into
- Barbarella – Located in La Jolla, this local’s spot goes all out on Halloween decor!
- Cutwater Tasting Room – Hidden in Sorrento Valley, their Cutwater Cauldron menu is to die for!
- Salt & Straw – Try their halloween series!